Yeah, pretty quiet here. That’s because of exams, mainly, and therefore the lack of progress on pet projects. Lana has seen some movement, but only in terms of bug fixes and actual live use – as I explained in this post, I used Lana to build an interactive image processing environment for the CS241 module. In fact, I went a little further than in that post, and I should write a post explaining what I did and how I did it. Oh for the time :) Lana itself is languishing in the doldrums for lack of time, currently waiting for me to reimplement array lists as full-on objects (i.e. descendants of Object with all the piggery-jokery that entails.)
My other pet has been Roboglock – the robot glockenspiel. I’ve posted a few bits on ye Book of Face about it, but nothing in detail, mainly because it’s still not finished. Again, I need to write a post about it – probably more than the Lana post. Here, though, is the video of it doing its thing:
The circuit doesn’t look like that any more, it’s much smaller and simpler – for example, there are two 595 shift registers in the video when even using one is overkill for just six strikers! However, it’s going to be chopped around with again, putting the two 595s back in because I need them for the control LEDs.
That’s going to be when I get the time, though. Maybe things will calm down after the group project!